September 20, 2023
Great new expert Google Ads interview with Dimitris Gazonas 📈 Paid Search Expert – Google Ads Automation Tips
Here’s some of the important topics we got into:
Start New Campaigns With Manual CPC, Maximize Clicks, or Max Conversions?
Is Maximize Clicks Broken?
Google ad auction price fixing stuff everyone is talking about…
What to do when automation doesn’t work
The most common negative keywords that ruin pretty much every campaign in Google Ads
Should you even show for Voice Searches or is it a waste of money? “Hey Google…don’t show my ad for whatever this person is about to say into their phone…”
and a lot of other great takeaways for running PPC ads that are profitable
Learn more from Dimitris Gazonas:
- 🤖Google Ads automation is becoming more prevalent, but it’s important to test different audiences and offers before fully committing, starting with manual bidding for new accounts and gradually adding automation based on performance. Collapse
- Demetrius discusses the debate between manual bidding and automation in Google Ads and advises on finding a middle ground.
- Google ads automation, including chat bots and AI, is becoming more prevalent, with Google pushing for a more automated plug-and-play system, although its effectiveness is still uncertain.
- Testing different audiences and offers is key to determining if Google Ads automation is viable for a business.
- Start with manual bidding for a brand new account, then gradually add automation based on the performance and industry.
- 🚀Focus on manual control and quality sources for clicks to increase conversions, use common negative keywords to filter out low-quality traffic, and avoid targeting voice search for ads in Google Ads automation. Collapse
- Maximize clicks and conversions can lead to irrelevant clicks, so it’s better to have manual control and focus on getting clicks from quality sources to increase conversions.
- Google Ads automation can be confusing and contradictory, with the maximized clicks bidding strategy leading to different search queries depending on whether it’s manual or automated.
- The speaker discusses the use of common negative keywords in Google Ads campaigns to improve relevance and filter out low-quality traffic.
- Google Ads automation tips and the ineffectiveness of targeting voice search for ads.
- 🚀Maximizing clicks in Google Ads may not be advisable at the start, as it takes time for the algorithm to learn and accelerate the learning process, and Google may not actually be an auction, with Google setting the prices and justifying it as protection for consumers. Collapse
- Maximizing clicks in Google Ads may not be advisable at the start, as it takes time for the algorithm to learn and accelerate the learning process.
- Google Ads may not actually be an auction, with Google setting the prices and justifying it as protection for consumers.
- 🤖Automation in Google Ads can be effective, but it’s important to test and monitor it, as well as be able to manually control and adjust campaigns when necessary. Collapse
- Google Ads is getting rid of broad match modifier, but if it’s working well for your account, leave it as it is because switching to phrase match may not perform as well.
- It is becoming increasingly difficult to block mobile apps, and there is a lot of discussion and uncertainty surrounding the issue.
- Automation works well in certain industries, such as eCommerce, but switching between different bidding strategies can result in a drop in performance, so it’s important to give it enough time to gather data before making a decision.
- Manual and AI automation should be tested to see what works best for your business, and if manual isn’t working, give AI automation a shot.
- Automation in Google Ads can be effective, but it’s important to also be able to manually control and adjust campaigns when necessary, as automation can sometimes break and lead to unexpected results.
- 🤖Google Ads automation can benefit high-volume businesses, but smaller advertisers struggle to compete with larger corporations due to the algorithm’s bias towards larger budgets. Collapse
- The speaker discusses the unpredictability of Google Ads automation and the importance of not making unnecessary changes to campaigns that are already performing well.
- Automation in Google Ads can be beneficial for businesses with high volume and access to a lot of data, despite the conspiracy theory that it inflates prices.
- Smaller advertisers struggle to compete with larger corporations in feeding Google data to identify prospects, as the larger companies drive up prices and make it harder for smaller businesses to compete with the algorithm.
- Google Ads prioritizes businesses with larger budgets over smaller ones, leading to a potential disadvantage for smaller businesses.
- 💡Google Ads offer various display networks and alternative advertising options, but smaller businesses should focus on organic growth through directories like HomeAdvisor and LinkedIn before investing in Google ads. Collapse
- Advertising on Google is not different from advertising in traditional media, as it caters to big companies and has been expensive for 50 years, with Google originally requiring phone calls to pay for ad spots.
- Google Ads now offer a variety of display networks and alternative options for advertising, including options for showing ads on news sites that look like news articles.
- Smaller businesses struggle to compete in marketing due to the need for transparency in spending, the increasing cost of advertising, and the challenge of achieving results with limited budgets.
- Utilize directories like HomeAdvisor, Angie’s List, Yelp, and LinkedIn for organic growth before investing in Google ads, as SEO requires expertise and a budget.
- The speaker suggests trying Home Advisor, Nextdoor, and local attorney listings for Google Ads automation.
- 🤖Google Ads automation can be beneficial for businesses, but be cautious of using it with a small budget and stay ahead by optimizing and adapting to new networks and social media platforms. Collapse
- Google Ads automation can be beneficial for businesses, especially for local service ads, but it’s not necessary to pay someone to run them as Google can do it for you.
- Don’t use Smart bidding or Google ads if you have a small budget, and be cautious of Google reps and third parties pushing for commissions.
- Google Ads is constantly changing with automation, but the key is to stay ahead by optimizing, testing, and adapting to new networks and social media platforms as they emerge.
- 👍Connect with Dimitris Gazonas on LinkedIn for more expertise in Google Ads automation.
Miles McNair (co-founder of PPCMastery.com) interview posted on our YouTube channel now!This was an amazing interview, Miles is a brilliant guy! And he decided to do an AWESOME virtual background too, lol.Here's a few things we got into for the PPC world:How to stay...
Wow, this was a very advanced interview, Sarah Stemen, MBA is a PPC genius!Here are some of the topics we got into:Black Friday Cyber Monday expert setups and optimization to not waste of your budgetHow to adjust AFTER Black Friday Cyber Monday - the cooldownecommerce...
Amazing new PPC expert interview with Michelle Morgan co-founder of Paid Media Pros, PPC speaker, writer, and also a great person! We dive into very advanced lead generation strategies for enterprise-level accounts, to mid and small sized accounts for running PPC ads....
Great new interview posted on our channel with Anu Adegbola founder of PPC Live UK We discuss new updates in the PPC advertising world:-Staying ahead of PPC ad platform updates, keeping accounts profitable-Is the new technology even right for your business or your...
New interview discussing advanced Framework for Scaling Google Ads Campaigns with Ryan Baker from Kingly Consulting (agency overhaul program, Google ads coach).Mostly on topic, but we did go into some random tangents: 1. When you Google search an expert BUT they don't...
Great Interview with Jyll Saskin Gales (The Google Pro from TikTok) on best practices for setting up and optimizing Google Ads campaigns for long-term success!We discuss her former role at Google, what she learned from auditing 1 million dollar per day ad spend...